LOUDER THAN LIFE
LOUDER THAN LIFE, the weekend rock music and camping festival featuring over 30 of the biggest bands in hard rock and metal, is set for October 4 and October 5, 2014 at Champions Park in Louisville, Kentucky. The inaugural food, drink, and rock fest will celebrate the region’s food, bourbon and craft beer industry, while honoring Louisville’s history as the birthplace of bourbon.
There are destination music festivals all over America – but few that can claim a destination quite like Louisville. It might just be the “Best Town Ever” — Outside Magazine’s September 2014 cover story rates Louisville as one of “The 16 Greatest Places To Live In America.”
Here are a few reasons why you should attend LOUDER THAN LIFE in Louisville:
- Named one of Zagat’s 7 Up-And-Coming Food Cities in the U.S. in 2013
- Louisville’s food culture hub is NuLu (Louisville’s East Market District), which has gained national accolades including recognition as one of Zagat’s 20 Hot Food Neighborhoods.
- East Market Street ranked #7 in Food & Wine Magazine’s “10 Best Foodie Streets in America,” and is home to LOUDER THAN LIFE featured restaurant RYE.
- Louisville is also home to the Down One Bourbon Bar – one of the local food and beverage vendors featured atLOUDER THAN LIFE – which was honored by the industry trade Restaurant Hospitality in June 2014 for having America’s Best Barbecue Sandwich, the pork-filled Three Little Pigs.
Bourbon Capital of the World
- Over 95% of the world’s bourbon comes from the Louisville area.
- The Kentucky Bourbon Trail landed Louisville in National Geographic Traveler’s 2014 “Best Of The World” cities to visit.
- The Kentucky Bourbon Trail is featured as one of National Geographic’s 500 Drives Of A Lifetime.
- Louisville is home to The Silver Dollar, one of GQ’s top 10 whiskey bars
- Louisville is also home to a burgeoning craft beer scene, including two of Draft Magazine’s top 100 beer bars in America (Holy Grale and Sergio’s World of Beers).
Manliest Town in America:
- Still haven’t had your fill of “gourmet man food” after a full weekend of rocking out at LOUDER THAN LIFE? Where better to be than GQ’s “Manliest Town In America,” and one of the Travel Channel’s top “mancation” destinations?
But there’s more to Louisville than just gastronomical delights. This “lively, offbeat cultural mecca,” which took the top spot inLonely Planet’s Top 10 U.S. Travel Destinations for 2013, has something for everyone:
- A “City of Parks,” Louisville’s 122 parks encompass more than 13,000 acres, including the nation’s largest urban municipal forest – the 6,000 acre Jefferson Memorial Forest.
- One of Bicycling Magazine’s Top 25 Bike Friendly Cities, Louisville’s network of bike trails is only growing with the development of the 100-mile mixed use Louisville Loop.
- For the adventurous, Mega Zips at Mega Cavern is cited by Fox News and The Active Times as one of “The World’s Craziest Zip Lines” – and the world’s “first and only underground zip line.”
- American Style Magazine rated Louisville as one of America’s top 25 cities for art
- The Old Louisville neighborhood near downtown is the largest neighborhood of Victorian architecture in America
- The iconic Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory can’t be missed – literally – as it’s marked by a six-story tall replica of Babe Ruth’s Louisville Slugger bat.
- And of course, the Kentucky Derby Museum at Churchill Downs is open year round to give visitors an inside look at the most celebrated horse race in America.
LOUDER THAN LIFE will feature more than 70 food and beverage vendors. Celebrity chefs Chris Santos, Vic Vegas, Bill Kunz, and Tom Coghill will showcase their wares while more than 30 bands–including Kid Rock, Judas Priest, Korn, Five Finger Death Punch, Limp Bizkit, Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington, Volbeat, and Papa Roach–rock three stages over two days and nights. Visit www.LouderThanLifeFestival.com to purchase tickets and for the most current festival info.
About Danny Wimmer Presents: Since 1995, DWP has created, developed and produced events from the club level to some of the largest North American festivals. Founded by industry veteran Danny Wimmer, DWP produces some of the largest festivals in the rock and alternative landscapes. Never satisfied with the status quo, Danny Wimmer Presents strives to create memorable and fulfilling concert experiences leaving both consumers and partners with lasting and meaningful impressions.